jueves, 15 de julio de 2010

Senator Menendez on Cuba Sanctions

U.S. Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) spoke on the floor today in strong opposition to lifting tourism travel restrictions to Cuba:

Mr. President, I have come to the floor many times to speak out about Cuba, and today I come to the floor once again -- this time in strong opposition to any attempt in this Chamber to pass any bill that in any way lifts or lessens the travel ban on Cuba -- any bill that eases regulations on the sale of U.S. products to the island.

I want to make it absolutely clear that I will oppose – and filibuster if need be -- any effort to ease regulations that stand to enrich a regime that denies its own people basic human rights.

Mr. President, I do not wish to obstruct the business of this Chamber, but I know my colleagues on both sides of the aisle are well aware of how deeply I feel about freeing the people of Cuba from the repressive regime under which they have suffered for too long.

Para leer más /  To read more 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario